April 29, 2020
To Our Valued Patients,We hope everyone is continuing to manage well. We would like to update you on the status of the reopening of our practice. While the impact of COVID-19 continues to create extraordinary challenges for New Jersey, we are hopeful that Governor Murphy will unveil plans for a phased and limited “re-opening” of our economy in the coming weeks. As the circumstances begin to stabilize, we are anticipating a gradual re-opening process - with strict safety measures in place – for dental procedures only starting on Friday, May 15th, 2020. Hygiene/preventive care appointments will soon follow. Our office will begin reaching out to patients whose appointments were cancelled during the closure. We will be adding extra hours to facilitate the rescheduling of these appointments.
We will abide by the following coronavirus protocol to keep you and our team members safe:
- Patients and visitors will be required to wear a mask or cloth face covering while in the office (other than in an operatory room and being treated by a dental professional). This is in accordance with the CDC recommendations to cover your mouth and nose while around other people in public settings.
- Infrared temperature checks on all patients upon arrival.
- All staff will be wearing Protective Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Increased use of plastic barriers on all surfaces.
- Limiting the number of patients allowed in the office at a given time.
- Extra time between patient appointments to allow for a complete and thorough disinfecting of the treatment rooms.
- All rooms are now equipped with specialized high vacuum suctions that limit 90% of our aerosols.
- Operatory rooms dedicated to treatment only.
- Operatory rooms dedicated for exams and procedures that do not create aerosols.
- Clean and disinfect all public areas frequently, including door handles, chairs, surfaces, and bathrooms.
We are looking forward to our reopening, once we receive the Governor's approval. As always, we are dedicated to keeping you safe! Our staff is excited to welcome you back and take care of your dental needs. Until then, we thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to resuming the normalcy we are all craving.
Dr. David and Stacy